Oct 5, 2019
#121 Dr. Gurevich is a naturopathic physician and
acupuncturist. She is currently co-owner of two large integrative
medical clinics, one in northwest Portland and one in northeast
Portland. She runs a very busy private practice specializing in
treating inflammatory bowel disease as well as IBS/SIBO and
functional GI disorders.
She lectures extensively and teaches about
both conventional and natural treatments for inflammatory bowel
disease as well as SIBO and IBS. She is one of the foremost
experts on the intersection of IBD and IBS and how treating one
resolves the other.
Dr. Gurevich also acts as a mentor in the naturopathic
community educating about GI disorders. She supervises residents
and consults with physicians about their most difficult GI cases.
Dr. Gurevich was nominated as one of Portland Top Docs by the
Portland Monthly in both 2014 and 2016.
In this episode we cover
- What conditions fall under the banner of Inflammatory Bowel
- Microscopic Colitis
- We discuss the causative factors of IBD
- The link between IBD and SIBO
- What role the gut microbiome plays in IBD
- What we might see in the gut microbiome of an individual
- What sort of testing Dr Gurevich utilises to establish the
presence of IBD
- Treatment strategies
- The Mastering IBD
course which I highly recommend all GP’s and health
practitioners interested in inflammatory bowel disease