May 3, 2021
#203 Alex is an Institute For
Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner with a MSc in
Personalised Nutrition and a BSc in Nutritional Therapy.
He is also:
- Co-founder of Healthpath, an
at-home functional gut testing company
- Co-founder of The Applied
Functional Medicine Mentoring Program.
- Chief Wellness Officer at
Exhale Coffee - a healthy coffee hand picked for its chlorogenic
acid content (the good stuff!)
Currently Alex is finalising his
studies in Transformational Life Coaching.
After a powerful experience
combining breathwork and psychedelics towards the end of 2019, Alex
is also currently training to become a Transformational Breathwork
Practitioner and has recently started a 12 month psychedelic
practitioner program with The Synthesis Institute.
In this episode we discuss all
things psychedelics, in particular:
- Alex shares his powerful psychedelic and
- What psychedelics have the most research,
particularly for mental health
- The impact of psychedelics on the gut-brain
- How Alex see’s health practitioners, or himself
safely integrate them
- Are there any concerns for their use (risks or
- Who should be avoiding them
- Where is regulation at with
- We were so in the moment that we forgot to
discuss micro and macro dosing
- And so much more